Low Ecological Services is a Northern Territory business based in Alice Springs. Directed by Bill Low, who has been working in environmental management and research in Central Australia for over 39 years, Low Ecological Services is the longest running environmental survey business in the NT. We have a wealth of experience in helping NT businesses and government better monitor and manage environmental issues. We have a detailed working knowledge of central Australian flora, fauna, landscape, soils, geology, and environmental remediation. Our strong background collaborating with local aboriginal people and aboriginal organisations provides extensive experience incorporating the knowledge and assistance of traditional owners into our projects. Our high level of expertise in central Australian environments and strong knowledge of Federal and Territory environmental legislation facilitates preparation of Notices of Intent and material for environmental approvals, management plans and audits. We specialise in servicing the southern NT, but also service the Top End and near areas of adjacent States.
We formed our consultancy partnership in 1980 and Company in 1994 and have completed over 500 major environmental monitoring projects for government, NGOs and private and public companies. These projects range from long term ongoing monitoring programs; natural resource appraisals to Environmental Impact Assessments; rehabilitation and pollution assessment and monitoring, environmental audits, developing environmental management plans and liaising with government departments and Aboriginal organisations on behalf of clients. With a long history of working with mining and petroleum companies, we understand the needs of industry and the balance needed for conservation, economics and meeting legislative requirements.
Low Ecological Services currently employs five full time and four part time environmental consultants, all fully qualified and experienced in environmental science and management.
- Flora and Fauna Surveys, Mapping (including GIS), Aerial Photograph Interpretation.
- Mineral Exploration and Mining Lease Notices of Intent, Environmental Impact Assessment, Public Environment Report, Environmental and Mine Management Plans, Monitoring, Rehabilitation, Compliance Audits;
- Rangeland Surveys, Assessment, Landscape studies, Rehabilitation; Pastoral Property Management Planning;.Construction Environmental compliance auditing
- Familiarity with Commonwealth and Territory environmental impact and pollution control legislation;
- experience in working with local aboriginal people in organising and conducting on ground surveys; experience in undertaking surveys in remote and isolated locations;
- Federal security clearance to “Classified” level; Membership of appropriate Professional organisations.
We offer an innovative, economic and common sense approach to a wide range of projects, from one off surveys to ongoing monitoring regimes. We have the knowledge, experience and expertise to efficiently get the job done.